Hello SAD 6 Staff!
The dates for this summer's proficiency-based education symposiums have been set!
This summer's trainings have been moved from August to July in order to give those with consistent August conflicts an opportunity to attend. We understand that this may create some July conflicts, but we want to honor the feedback we've received the past two summers. The school board and superintendent are strongly encouraging everyone to take advantage of this professional development opportunity.
Symposium, Level 2
July 15, 16, and 17
This 3 day workshop will focus developing instructional practices
that promote learning toward standards. Teachers will begin to
explore specific instructional strategies that promote student
learning, refine methods for tracking student progress and begin
to develop lesson plans to address specific standards, as well as
unit plans that will incorporate multiple standards. Teachers will
have time to reflect on current practices and develop goals to further
instruction in the 2014-2015 school year.
*Level 1 training is a prerequisite.
Symposium, Level 1
July 22, 23, and 24
This 3 day workshop will focus on student-centered classroom
models and tools. It will include the rationale and need for
change, developing and implementing standards, tracking
student progress, and managing students in a standards based
learning environment. Teachers will develop and use
student-centered tools, plan instruction for individual standards
and leave with a clear plan to implement change during the
2014-2015 school year.
Some things to note:
- both trainings will be at Bonny Eagle High School
- each day will be 8:00 to 3:00
- attendance at all 3 days is expected
- attendees will receive payment according to contract
- attendance sheets will be sent to Lori Parent (for teachers) and Stephanie Morris (for ed techs) for certification hours
- the text, Delivering on the Promise: the Education Revolution, will NOT be a required read for this year's level 1 training. It provides excellent foundational knowledge, but since we are in year 3 of "the journey" we are feeling that our staff most likely has the foundation already. We do encourage everyone to read it, however, and will provide copies from the curriculum office for anyone who would like it.
The link below will take you to the sign-up page. Confirmations and further information
will come through email, to the address you provide.
bonnyeagle.org/forms/d/ 1lidijJor-I4UyJlpvGXAw7_oMz- KOpx9QISEZHMbgnA/viewform
Please sign up by May 30th!